Blank desktop starts with mouse pointer only

Closed
kedar - Dec 31, 2010 at 12:15 AM
 Stephanie Tipp - Jul 7, 2011 at 01:07 AM
Hello,
I bought HP laptop (i3, 3GB RAM) in Nov.2010.
For first some days it was working fine.
Still laptop is never connected with any external media (internet/ USB, etc).
Since last 3/4 days i am facing following problem. Please help me if anybody knows solution.

'My laptop has Windows 7 installed on it. On starting laptop, it starts with initial windows screen but after booting, it starts with Explorer window.
Desktop looks like blank screen with only mouse pointer.
Rest all keyboard keys doesnt work. If i have to start any application, then i need to start 'new process' on 'Taskmanager'

Please suggest me some solution.
Looking ahead for reply ASAP.

Regards,
Kedar Joshi.

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 31, 2010 at 02:58 AM
Hello Dear Kedar,

Follow these instructions step by step and everything will be fine:

1) Restart your PC

2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear

3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)

4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously

5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager

6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab

7) Next Click New Task

8) Now enter the command:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"

Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.

9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process

10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.

11) Now restart your PC.
Stephanie Tipp
Jul 7, 2011 at 01:07 AM
when i restart my laptop too boot it up its still a blank black screen with only the cursor!! did i do something wrong?......... and I dont Understand this Note.........------>>Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.

Can You Please Help Me Comprehend It Clearly Easy!! Pleasee Help!!