Forgotten Admin Password for Mac, lost files?

Solved/Closed
cherylinnna Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2011 - Jan 5, 2011 at 08:51 PM
 hamid - Nov 14, 2014 at 09:36 AM
Hello, I recently bought a Used lap top and the owner has told me she never remembered her password. If I follow the steps shown from the "Change Mac Admin password without Disk" instructions will all my music and documents be erased when I create a New Admin Account? Please Help!

Related:

3 responses

If you use the exact way they did it on "Change Mac Admin without Disk" then yes, you will lose all your things.

But you don't have to delete the old account, with all your stuff, you can just change the password logged in as the new account.
Then login as the old account and you will have your account back, with all it's stuff.
cherylinnna Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2011
Jan 13, 2011 at 09:04 AM
So All I have to do is make the new account, and as the new admin account I can change her old password?
Hi,

al already did ' change mac admin without disk' and I see i've lost everything, is there any way to recover the files?
it worked well when I did it and I did not lose anything thank you
applesandorangeswithlemonaid
Mar 31, 2011 at 07:03 PM
How do I change the password for the user account I forgot the password for. I followed the instructions given on the pages on this site and THANK YOU I have got a new admin account as a result and that has helped tremendiously but I neeed my files/work from the the original account.

I allowed my 8 yr old cousin to use my apple mac and she ended up adding a password for my account I discovered this a few days later and after raising it with her she confessed adding she forgot what she typed in as the password and was worried I would get upset and was trying to remember it before I next used the computer. PLEASE HELP . It makes full sense for privacy/security of of personal information but doesnt apple corp have a solution perhaps under certain circumstance. I bought the comp with my credit card.
teehee
Blocked Profile
Jan 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Greetings,

Well, by getting through the instructions in the provided Kioskea FAQ article, you will actually get a new Admin account created and you will find no stored files in it.

One advantage will be that you will be able to delete the previous account but naturally you will not have access to it because you do not know the password.

Kind regards.
Hello, I have just downloaded an application in my desktop containing ways for me to create my brochures and magazines. Unfortunately, there's a word in it and I cannot access it due to that it is not in my knowledge how to do it. I would like to know the procedures in how I could get in. Many thanks.
-PJ