Severe crash 2 antiviruses

[Solved/Closed]
-
 Cori Davis -
Hello,

My problems started when two of my antivirus programs turned out to conflict with each other, AVG and Avast. AVG kept detecting Avast as a virus, but when I clicked "fix" or "heal it said "forced removal could cause system instability or even crash". Yesterday it gave me a different message, normally it says "moved to vault" but last night it said "reboot required" now for the serious problem...

When I started up this morning, my computer immediately froze. The mouse worked fine, as did the keyboard, but I couldn't click anything or use any key combinations and all programs that were running stopped responding. I had to unplug my laptop and restart trying to fix it with no luck.
I looked up System Restore and decided to try it, but now it only shows my wallpaper with no icons, no taskbar, and Ctrl-alt-delete does nothing. I really need help on this ASAP.

My computer is a Dell Latitude D531 laptop running on and XP system

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
Do you get command prompt when pressing the Windows' key?
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

I had to do system restore in order to repair the crash as well
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
Hello Cori,

A system restore may not have been necessary. I hope you did not lose much data,

How is you system now?
Everything is running perfectly, I think even faster than before. if I lost anything, it probably wasn't important, just some edits to a 3D animation model that can easily be replicated. Thank you very much for your help. (by the way, i'm posting from the "crashed" computer right now!)
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
The pleasure was all mine, just wish I had more time on line yesterday to avoid a restore.

P.S. AVG is quite sufficient to protect you.
It's okay, I don't think the crash would have went away if I didn't restore. Nothing was lost thank goodness! my model is entirely intact
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
Cori,

It's supper time.

If you get into safe mode, here is what I would like to do:

Go to control panel, add remove program ans delete Avast you can also use if you can access internet:

http://ccm.net/download/download-9468-revo-uninstaller-portable

Next use this registry cleaner:

install and run this totally free yet very efficient registry cleaner :

https://ccm.net/download/download-13339-eusing-free-registry-cleaner

Then defragment your hardisk.

Got to go see you in the morning