My 2nd hard disk is not detected in bios

Closed
umankumar2007 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2009 - Jan 5, 2009 at 09:23 AM
 Miggy - Jan 5, 2009 at 09:58 AM
Hello,
Hey guys. I bought one new 120gb sata hard disk to increase hard disk space and connected in parallel with my old 160gb sata hard disk. But the second 120gb hard disk is not detected in bios. somehow it manages to boot but when i see in computer management there also its not detected. Any help is appreciated.

when i remove my old hard disk and only connect my new hard then also it's not detected. Is there problem with my new hard disk itself? Or i need to update my new hard disk?

how to check if the hard drive is proper?
Related:

1 response

My idiot ex thought he was doing me a favor by simply plugging in my new External hard drive and backing up files. He NEVER reads the directions. The transfered all right but he did not FORMAT from it's "RAW" state to "NTFS" first so Windows can't READ it.

It's like if I was speaking Chinese to you and you were speaking French to me.

When you format it, though, you will lose anything you transfered- however it sounds like you never got anything transfered anyway. Try formatting.

Miggy