Lenovo computer Hard Disk not detected in BIOS.

Closed
Jesepy - May 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - May 22, 2020 at 02:58 PM
Please help me with this. I have a Lenovo YOGA 510 and 3 weeks ago, i was playing Team Fortress 2 when suddenly, my game just froze and my computer crashed. And when i try to open my computer, it always has this "Checking media_" test on the top left and a few minutes later, it says "no boot device found" and that i have to get a recovery disk. I found out what a Bios Setup is. I read the first lines of text and it says that my hard disk was not detected. https://imgur.com/gallery/xpgrbAM

Can anyone help me with this please? I can't go outside to go to a repair shop because of the quarantine and i can't just buy a new laptop because i have to spend the rest of my money on food and water.
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
May 22, 2020 at 01:50 AM
Hello, this is the best answer from a previous post with the same issue.

If your hard drive is not recognized by BIOS there may be a connectivity problem or a hard drive issue. Were you able to use the PC with this hard drive in the past? I would start by resetting BIOS to its default settings. Go back in BIOS and check if the SATA controller is set to IDE. Check again if the hard drive is recognized. It is still missing; there may be a connectivity problem. If the laptop is under warranty, you should contact the seller.

If warranty has expired, open the laptop and make sure the hard drive is correctly placed. It may be helpful to connect the drive to a desktop PC and check if it will be recognized.

Hopefully the quarantine will be lifted in your region soon and you will be able to take it to a tech shop who should be able to help you further.

Regards
I couldn't find the SATA controller in BIOS.
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926 > Jesepy
May 22, 2020 at 02:58 PM
Have a look here.