Unable to find my folders

Solved/Closed
Drohie - Updated on Jun 16, 2017 at 12:36 AM
 em - Nov 2, 2017 at 02:04 AM
Hello,

You really solved my problem but I have few more files and folders to unhide but the problem is you have not given me steps for the folders which have space in it.
for example If I have I folder name Bible Songs which means after bible word there is a space and the continuing with the word songs please let me know the steps when the folder or file contains space in it.

Thanks for your help awaiting your answers.

1. click start>>run>>type in "cmd"
2. type the location of your flash drive.. e.g. "d:", "e:", "f:", etc..
3. type "dir /ah"
  • you will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes

4. type "attrib [name of file/folder] -r -a -s -h"
  • if you're going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension (format).. example "attrib party.jpg -r -a -s -h"
    • if you have folders with 6 characters and above, type the first 6 characters then "~1".. example for folder named "birthday"

"attrib birthd~1 -r -a -s -h"
5. you should repeatedly type dir /ah after unhiding some files/folders so you'll know if they're now working or not..
6. now check you flash drive.. it should be there..

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on "Start" --> Run --> Type cmd and click on OK.

"Command Prompt" will be opened.

Here I assume your flash drive letter as G:

Now enter the below command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

[You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.]

Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.

Now press "Enter".

Now check for your files in flash drive.

Good Luck.
I TRY BUT IT DOESNT WORK :(
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
1)Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/
Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your flash drive now.
This will remove the autorun.inf files from your flash drive and also from drives.
Now follow the above instructions by going to command prompt and entering the given command.
OR
Click on start --> run --> type control folders and press enter. Folder Options will be opened.
Click on view tab --> select the option "show hidden files and folders" and uncheck the check box
"hide protected operating system files" and click on OK. Now look for your files in your pen drive.
Good Luck
thank u soooooooooooooo much man it helped me a lot
Thanks
hi this is chetan..

thanks a lot , I got my files safely....