Display

Solved/Closed
poseyanne - Jan 5, 2009 at 01:08 PM
 poseyanne - Jan 22, 2009 at 03:27 PM
Hello,
When I first start-up my Toshiba laptop, it stays very dark. I can barely see my password page so I know it is booting.
First I restarted several times and removed the battery to get it to brighten. By accident I noticed opening and closing the laptop 5 or 6 times also worked. I changed the setting for the opening/closing feature from "sleep" to "do nothing". That didn't do anything. Is there anything I can do or will I have to send it in to Toshiba?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 5, 2009 at 02:12 PM
It sounds like you have a video cable or "inverter" problem that only Toshiba can fix.
Thank you for your response. Based on your answer I called tech support and discovered I had a power overload....(full capacitor). I was told to remove the AC and the battery........then hold down the power button for 1 minute. After that I was back to normal.
Update....... The problem returned and the computer had to be sent in to Toshiba to have the inverter replaced/repaired. Right on xpcman......Thanks again!