Dell inspiron 1545

Closed
snehaag15 - Feb 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Feb 2, 2011 at 02:47 PM
Hello,

I've had a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop that has been giving me headaches now. About 10 minutes after I boot up the computer, the laptop's fan turns on full force and stays on until I shut down. As soon as this happens, My CPU usage spikes to 100% and stays there until I shut down, causing applications to run excrutiatingly slow or not run at all.

I've tried all kinds of things to fix this problem. I've opened task manager to see what application is eating all the CPU and it coincides with whatever the main application I'm trying to use is. For example, if I'm using Internet Explorer, then explorer.exe is sucking up most of the CPU, if I'm using Roxio, then Roxio is sucking up most of the CPU, etc. I've run all kinds of AntiVirus and Spyware programs to detect a problem and nothing. I've even cleaned off the hard drive and rebooted Windows XP and the problem still persists. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on with this computer and how I can fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Feb 2, 2011 at 02:47 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Clean all the vents, blow out with canned air.

Remove the power adapter and the battery from your laptop. Open the laptop

case to access the CPU Fan and the heat sink. Remove all the dust from the Fan

and also from the heat sink. Never run your laptop on bag & bed. Sides, back and

bottom must be clear.

If possible remove the old thermal paste from the CPU and apply a new thermal

paste for better heat conductivity.

Good Luck