Windows freezes in a pattern..weird!

Closed
Corey - Jan 7, 2009 at 07:49 PM
 freezer - Aug 25, 2009 at 04:06 AM
Hello, my name is Corey and i have a huge problem that is getting very annoying!....ok so about 2 or 3 weeks ago i had to reformat my laptop ( witch is a IBM T41 ). then like 5 or 6 days later it started freezing at certain times...like when i start a game up ( counter strike ) or on myspace page....and it freezes in a certin pattern..like you know how you can here the computer working? it will stop then go for like 0.5 seconds its hard to explain it dosent freeze completely but it chokes up..the pattern is like 1 2 33333 1 2 3 1 2 3333333 1 2 3...thats the best i can explain...i have ran a defrag successfully i have ran a virus mailware and spyware scan successfully found 2 trojans and removed them....i have done a successfull registry cleaner and i have alson done a successfull CHKDSK...i dont know what else i can do! the computer or windows just seems like it likes to choke up for a lil the continue...and the bigger the program ( Counter strike ) the longer it chokes....i think it might have somthing to do with the drivers but i am not sure..can any one helpl?!?! please =]...thanx in advanced...

p.s I do not run any programs at all and this is a fresh copy of windows just to let ya knw...... i am using windows xp sp2 and my browser is google chrome if that helps any

Corey
Related:

3 responses

wires and plugs
Jan 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM
I would do a memory check for the ram,

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Memory-Tweak/Microsoft-Windows-Memory-Diagnostic.shtml#download

If that checks out ok then go to the system manufacturers website find out what type of Graphics card your system has and make sure you have all the current drivers for the Bios, the Chipset for integrated sound, Graphics, controllers because if you installed an older os than the system originally came with and don't have the Systems original Driver CD then Windows assigns any generic driver that it can fit with the hardware your system has. Hope this helps Because it basically sounds like a Graphics accelerator problem or Ram memory.
Allamerican2302 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2009
Jan 8, 2009 at 07:31 AM
1. thank you so much for replying!

2. i did the memory check and it turned out good

3. when i reformatted my computer the only drivers i downloaded was a wireless driver for my internet, a video driver and a audio driver...i know there is probably more but what else would i need?...is there a software that checks this for you?

( all theses drivers are four this laptop i am on IBM thinkpad T41 )
I had the same problem using Google Chrome. With IE 6 no problems so far...