Sudden "No Signal" on monitor usually ingame

Closed
Dame - Mar 19, 2011 at 04:12 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 19, 2011 at 04:20 PM
Hello,
I frequently while gaming (SC2 and WOW) my monitor will turn off and display no signal, then go into standby mode, computer continues to run. It started about 4 weeks ago. Usually late in the day or early evening after i have been on it for a while. When the problem happens, i have to turn my comp off and back on and monitor comes on fine, but usually after the first one of the day it will happen over and over making me shut down for the night. Originally i was also hearing a weird noise from my comp, which seemed to be from my video card, so i replced my V-card about a week ago. Problem seemed solved until today, and it happened again in middle of a starcraft 2 match. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Old video card was a Geforce GT220
New video card is a Radeon HD 4670
Comp Emachine ET1837-07, Pentium Dual core 2.7 ghz, 4gb ram, Windows 7 64 bit

Also recently Upgraded my power supply

And help will be greatly appreciated :)

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 19, 2011 at 04:20 PM
Hello Dame,

This website that will check your settings and inform you if a particular game will run on your PC.

Can you run it

Link: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Procedure: the site is accessible with IE and Firefox, the only difference is that Internet Explorer will offer to install an ActiveX control (install it, it will scan your PC in search of your configuration) and Firefox will ask for the installation of a Java protocol.

You can see the minimum and optimal configurations required, and if your PC meets the minimum requirements.

However, the software is not fail proof.