Acer Aspire model 5551-A wont turn back on [Solved/Closed]

Kai hayes - Mar 25, 2011 at 07:16 PM - Latest reply:  Happy as can Be
- Apr 15, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Hello,

Tried to turn on the acer laptop but it will not turn on, tried taking out the battery and removing the power then held the power button for 30 seconds, then put in the power again and pressed the power button but it wont turn on, even after I put the battery in again. Please help I only got this laptop just before christmas.
See more 

9 replies

Best answer
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Mar 25, 2011 at 07:50 PM
Thank you
Hi,

Did you get your motherboard's brand name (like Acer) when you switch on your laptop, If yes, you'll see the initial display screen to get into the BIOS at the bottom of your screen.

Go to the BIOS --> Make sure hard disk is detected in the BIOS -- > Set your first boot device as "Hard disk" --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.

Good Luck!

Thank you, bionik 1

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1771 users this month

bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Mar 29, 2011 at 04:51 AM
Hello,

Yes sometimes motherboards crashes due to overheating. In these cases the only thing to do is change the motherboard. Thank you anyway for your feedback. Good luck for the future.

Regards.
Remove power adapter and battery for 6 hours (give it lots of time). Put the battery back in. Hit the power button. In some cases, the 30-45 seconds isn't enough to discharge the static properly, so it just needs longer. Mines worked after a few hours of discharging. Saved $250.00 in repair fees!
I have no idea how this works, but it did. I detatched the power cable and took out the battery. Tap 3 (well about 6 times) around bottom of the unit. Put the battery back in, connected the cable. Switched it on.......started up perfectly
Happy as can Be - Apr 15, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Holy cow, I did the tap thing to my computer and it worked like a charm. Unbelievable. I am so happy thank you for posting your solution as it helped with mine.