My system crashes and monitor says no signal suddnly

Closed
dingdong - Apr 5, 2011 at 03:21 AM
Aud21 Posts 37 Registration date Tuesday March 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2012 - Apr 6, 2011 at 03:50 PM
Hello,

I have a Intel Atom system with windows XP professional sp2 installed. the system works perfectly for 30-45 minutes. then all of a sudden the system crashes and monitor says no signal. If I am pressing the power button of the system for a few seconds the system closes but again it is not turning on if i m pressing it again to boot. just the monitor says no signal. keyboard also doesn't respond.

Please Help

3 responses

Miyamoto Musashi Posts 21 Registration date Wednesday March 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2011 2
Apr 5, 2011 at 06:44 AM
Have you opened the side panel of your PC to ensure that the fans are functioning correctly? It may be overheating but I would expect the system to shutdown and restart.

It might also be worth checking the capacitors on the motherboard, check the following link:

http://aries.tech.officelive.com/images/fualt.jpg
Thanx for ur kind response.
The fan is working perfectly.
the system doesn't work since 4-5 hours. then it works normally for 30-45 minutes. after that it suddenly crashes and monitor says no signal. but the cpu fan functions perfectly. pls help.
Miyamoto Musashi Posts 21 Registration date Wednesday March 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 5, 2011 2
Apr 5, 2011 at 07:06 AM
Did you check the motherboard internally? Use the link above to look for a similar faults on similar objects on your motherboard.
motherboard looks ok. does it happens due to virus attack or windows genuine advantage error???
Aud21 Posts 37 Registration date Tuesday March 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2012 1
Apr 6, 2011 at 03:50 PM
I would also expect the pc to restart like Miyamoto Musashi said. But it can be due to the type of motherboard or processor installed. Check if there is no dust that could block air from reaching the processor, in other words, clean the heatsink