No audio no sound device and troubleshoot fails

Solved/Closed
ravi - Updated on Nov 27, 2018 at 05:11 AM
 Khalil - Jun 10, 2017 at 01:28 AM
Hello,

Right click "my computer"click "manage"click "device manager"click "sound,video and game controller
open(audio codes,legacy audio driver,legacy video capture device,media control devices,video codes. I can choose any of them it shows this device is working properly.i go to start menu, setting,control panel select sound and audio "it showes "no sound device" I don't understand whats going on my video device is working properly.but there is no sound

System Configuration: Windows XP
Internet Explorer 7.0
Related:

3 responses

Try this:

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services

Then locate in the list of services "Windows Audio". Open this service

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Disabled then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

Next Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volume Tab then put a tick in the box marked "Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar" then click apply.

With a bit of luck and following wind you should now have your sound restored.

Good luck
wow man whoever said go to control panel and go to services is a genious for me lol.. ive been having major pc problems lately and my svchost.exe process has been infected.. my computer was going so slow so then I decied to end the process one day and now it works fine.. anyways I must have done something with the sound when I ended the process. so I done that thing in services and now it works lol thxx evry1
Everflowinglife
Nov 26, 2008 at 09:38 PM
Thank you very much. I updated driver for realtek, and restarted, yes I'm back on track. Thanks again.Everflowinglife