No audio no sound device and troubleshoot fails [Solved/Closed]

-
Hello,

Right click "my computer"click "manage"click "device manager"click "sound,video and game controller
open(audio codes,legacy audio driver,legacy video capture device,media control devices,video codes. I can choose any of them it shows this device is working properly.i go to start menu, setting,control panel select sound and audio "it showes "no sound device" I don't understand whats going on my video device is working properly.but there is no sound

System Configuration: Windows XP
Internet Explorer 7.0
See more 

3 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Try this:

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services

Then locate in the list of services "Windows Audio". Open this service

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Disabled then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

If this service is showing with a Startup type set to Manual then Select "Automatic" from the drop down list then hit apply. Then click the "Start" button.

Next Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices then select the Volume Tab then put a tick in the box marked "Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar" then click apply.

With a bit of luck and following wind you should now have your sound restored.

Good luck

Thank you, ordinary guy 147

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM has helped 2607 users this month

thanks a lot man.. this was the best solution to the problem . I was baout to format my p c today before u came and made the day for me..
more people like u and we wont b dependin on technicians to repair comp like u
-
Thank you very much. I updated driver for realtek, and restarted, yes I'm back on track. Thanks again.Everflowinglife
You are a genius.You are auwsome.Great..Thanks.
Champion. So much time wasted for such a little thing.
The service was disabled for me. Enabling it and its all good.
Thx dude it worked
Thank you
I have found this fix to work when windows show no audio device... all drivers are loaded correct and the device is no muted. (You'd be surprised how many people just do not know how to un-mute)
  • Go to Control Panel
  • Select Administrative Tools
  • Then Services
  • Scroll down to Windows Audio (if the service is stopped)
  • Double click - and select start if service status is stopped. Also verify startup status is set to automatic.

Sound should then be enabled once again. If problem is persistent restart your pc....

Christina
Thank you
The same thing happened to me while I was uninstalling a few programs and I just did a system restore; volume came right back!

Try:
Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Restore

When you get there, either
(A) Pick a day and time YOU KNOW your volume was working correctly and restore from there (For example, you know your volume was working on 9/3/08 at 10:54 PM but it disappeared at 11:01 PM. So, you would want to restore your computer to 9/3/08 at 10:51 PM because YOU KNOW your volume was working then)
or
(B) Pick one of the activities you recently used when you KNOW your volume was working correctly and restore from there.

A system restore basically takes your computer to the past and restarts it (with all your settings) from the past time of your choice--> you are literally "UNDO"ING anything you did on your computer AFTER your volume broke. Therefore, you may have to re download, install, etc. things that you completed after the date you are going to restore from.

Good Luck and I hope it works for you!

~S.