Mac lap top. No sound.

Closed
ruby - Jun 1, 2011 at 05:49 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 1, 2011 at 05:50 AM
Lap top on, but no sound.
gone into System Preferences and clicked sound.
Although i can see the slider rule, it is stuck on full- far to the right. And cannot be moved. Mute is NOT on.
But still no sound.
When i press the sound icon on the top right hand icon bar at top of screen, the slide rule here cannot be moved either.
When i press the F4 and F5 buttons to change sound on keyboard, the sound will not change and it has a barred sign ( a crossed circle) .
Help.
How do i make it turn back on?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 1, 2011 at 05:50 AM
Bare in mind that behind every answer, to help given on the forum, there are human volunteers who give their time trying to solve users' problems.

Therefore, it is expressly requested from kioskea forums users to show their utmost respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

* Please, re-write and repost your message accordingly, respecting the politeness charter and repost your message.

Please, thank you, appreciate, greateful are words among those forms

We trust that you understand