No sound device

Closed
jljohnson740 - Jun 5, 2011 at 01:47 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 6, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Hello,
Awhile back I had to take my computer in for some repair. These people didn't load sound device on the thing so I've just been doing without it. Now, I have tons of videos of my grandchildren and can't download them on cd's to save as it says no sound device! I'm thinking about just taking this thing in to someone else and getting this all corrected. I'm not computer savvy and it's driving me nuts! I don't trust these pay to use driver updates and such. I've tried everything I know to fix sound through Windows and nothing works as I always get messages such as can't complete,etc. I have Windows XP but a new motherboard was installed and nothing works..thanks!

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 6, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on the below link and download the file.
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/
Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let us know the Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge.
Click on the "CPU" tab and let me know the "Package"
Good Luck