Help! no pop up display for fn keys [Solved/Closed]

pu3hadj - Jun 8, 2011 at 06:51 AM - Latest reply:  me
- Jan 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Hello,

i have an acer one d255e with windows 7 starter.. my problem is when I use my fn key I no longer see the pop up display like it used to. ex. like when I press fn+arrow up, the speaker pop up display doesn't appear..

i've been searching for a solution to this problem and nothing works.. I hope someone can help me..
thank you so much for your time and help!
See more 

16 replies

Best answer
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Jun 8, 2011 at 01:39 PM
Thank you
Greetings,

Do like I tell you and your problem will be solved in one minute ;-)

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Click on Netbook --> Aspire One --> AOD255E

Select "Windows 7 Starter x32" on "Operating System" and go to the "Application" tab. Download the "Launch Manager" driver and install it.

You should have the volume and brightness pop up when you adjust it.

Waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards!

Thank you, bionik 12

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1667 users this month

Thanks. Great fix!
Hello.
I have also this problem, but my computer is aspire 1650 and I dont find for windows 7 ultimate.. in web Acer.. Where I can find this application for my laptop and for Windows 7? in the web acer only is for windows XP.
Thx,,
FafaQuerida 1 Posts Tuesday August 6, 2013Registration date August 6, 2013 Last seen - Aug 6, 2013 at 08:52 PM
hello.
i have the same problem but mine is Acer Aspire V5-571P. The website only states windows 8 for my laptop. What do I do since mine is Windows 7?
please help ! thanks.
mine use the 4755g..already download the launch manager and still not function
install acer empowering technology then install the launch manager