How Can I remove recycler?

Closed
Tonny - Jun 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 17, 2011 at 04:03 PM
Hello,

I'm suspecting viruses disguised in the following name:
RECYCLED
$RECYCLED
SYSTEM
SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION

I suspect these files to be viruses because when I click on Recycled/$Recycled it opens with a BIN Icon file and when I click it inside I see a file that startswith "S-1-" then continues with a long number and commas" The same with SYSTEM folder also.

But when I click on "system Volume Information" it refusesto open.

How can I remove these files from my computer? I tried to scan with the latest Kaspersky Antivirus but it shows nothing even when I try scanning these files "online".

Please Help.

Tonny

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 17, 2011 at 04:03 PM
Greetings

Remove it by following these instructions:

Search for the process called CTFMON.EXE and kill it through Task Manager.

2. Search CTFMON.EXE file in the Startup menu and delete it.

3. Boot the system in safe mode and open the command prompt.

4. Disable hidden, system, and read only attributes for autorun.inf and recycled folder delete them.

5. Clean the recycle bin.

6. Repeat these steps for all the drives on your computer.

7. Open registry editor and modify the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry with 03ffffff value after searching it in following registry folders:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWARE

8. Reboot and Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes.

Good luck