Comcast and Linksys, configuration error

Closed
dieter - Jan 23, 2009 at 08:46 PM
 raulwexler - Jan 3, 2012 at 07:06 PM
Hello,
I have installed/uninstalled and reset my Linksys WRK54G V2 router many times. I have disconnected/reconnected and cycled/recycled all I can think of, with no luck. I have the IE and typed 192.168.1.1 and started the software, I get as far as page seven confirm (password) and at eight I a configuration error. I cannot get to the Linksys setup page where I could try to set things manually. Comcast will not help, they want to sell their equipment. We all aware of road rage, I am pretty close to computer and linksys rage. When all is connected the IE will not respond to the IP 192.168.1.1. Thanks Dieter

3 responses

meeckeymouse was very helpful, I believe the setup disk from linksys are the problem they are not needed, after many config. errors I gave up on the install C/D. I rebooted, opend the IE explorer and typed in the 192.168.1.1 address, after five to six attempts to load, the linksys setup page appeared, from then on the configuration was very easey. Dieter
Great whats the answer? thanks
meeckeymouse Posts 14 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 9
Jan 24, 2009 at 03:42 AM
hi,

1.) Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections.
Right click on the wireless connection.
Go to TCP/IP in the components section and click the properties button.
Make sure Obtain IP and DNS address are both set to automatically.

2.) Enable WEP, make sure your wireless card and the router are both set to the same encryption 64 or 128 and make sure they are both on the same channel.

3.) Try C:\ipconfig\release then C:\ipconfig\renew again and you'll get an IP address.
I have a similar issue that you help the other person... my linksys wireless router does not reset and message says router reconfiguration error. I have Vista 64bit. I tried to follow your instructions but could not find the network connectsions. any help will be appreicated

1.) Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections.
Right click on the wireless connection.
Go to TCP/IP in the components section and click the properties button.
Make sure Obtain IP and DNS address are both set to automatically.

2.) Enable WEP, make sure your wireless card and the router are both set to the same encryption 64 or 128 and make sure they are both on the same channel.

3.) Try C:\ipconfig\release then C:\ipconfig\renew again and you'll get an IP address.
Tengo el Linksys WAG 2000G probe de todo. Hasta actualizar el firmware de linksys, tambien desactive firewal, reinstale msn etc etc.
ME DIO RESULTADO :
CHANGE THE MTU FROM 1500--->900 (ROUTER SETTINGS!)
MUCHAS GRACIAS