Computer haywire after system recovery - HELP

Closed
Bryan - Jan 24, 2009 at 01:19 PM
tigerlio Posts 11 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 - Jan 25, 2009 at 05:29 AM
I am having an enormous amount of trouble after doing a system recovery on my computer.
I am using Windows ME.
I have done the system recovery many times before with no problems, however, this time after doing it I am having a lot of trouble on my computer.

The system recovery was to only reinstall the original programs on my computer, not to delete or change anything.
Here is a list of the known problems after I did the system recovery.

Lost all word documents
Lost all video files
Lost only HALF music files
Lost all picture files but ONE
My most currently used programs are not being listed on the start menu under programs
My download programs are not on the start menu, but NOT missing, I am have having to search the computer for them.
The Windows log on page still appears even after no user name or password is entered (is not suppose to appear after first log on if no user name and password is entered)

Most strange, after this happened I placed what music files I could find in "My documents" along with some files I reuploaded to my computer, then did another system recovery and now those "new" files are also missing.

Does anyone out there know what might be causing this or how I can fix this.
I really need your help, I am out of ideas.
Related:

1 response

tigerlio Posts 11 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009
Jan 25, 2009 at 05:29 AM
hi,
you can undo the recovery.
do the same as for system recovery but then you choose "Undo system restore".