Computer is screwy after I changed cases.

Closed
adamzimb - Jul 1, 2011 at 08:00 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 1, 2011 at 04:23 PM
Just switched to a bigger case here's my specs.

AX850 Corsair
2 x 260GTX eVGA - I've tried both of them separately and still no improvements
Corsair XMS2 PC6400C4DHX 2x2GB - I've tried just putting one and it works until i restart
Asus P5N32 E SLI motherboard 680i nforce chipset socket 775
e7500 wolfdale 2.93ghz oc'd to 3.85ghz
5.1 sound card - i've taken this out to make sure it wasnt the problem.
2x HDD, a western digital caviar blue 320gb for boot and a 320gb hitachi.
dvd burner using IDE connections, i've taken this out as well.
zalman 9900max heatsink fan. New install i use to use a V1 thermaltake, also I've mounted it twice to make sure it was in contact and the thermal grease went from a pea size ball to a thin layer over both the heatsink and the CPU.

I've changed CMOS batteries and have done the jumper resets, sometimes when i am able to get on windows 7 i try to update and it wont let me, so i did a system restore to go back a couple days and it worked but when i started it up again it failed to boot.

I've booted up with just the graphics card and 1 stick of ram and sometimes it works

Sometimes it would freeze while inside bios trying to check temps

Now lately after turning it on and after it shows the bios info it just goes to a blinking cursor.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Jul 1, 2011 at 04:23 PM
Lots of info to analyse here and yet...

Greetings,

Bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must, copy, re-write and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.