Hidden partition?

Closed
dig494 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2011 - Jul 2, 2011 at 12:40 PM
dig494 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2011 - Jul 5, 2011 at 03:37 PM
Hello,

I don't know what exactly the cause is or when exactly it occurred but for reason now I don't have access to my second logical partition. I have tried searching on the Internet and all the answers would give a restore program, which I tried but gave no result. Most of them say it isn't deleted/missing and won't restore it >.< In disk manager the partition shows up in blue in the lower section but does not appear in the upper section, also with one program I tried it was written the partition letter was (2:) ... but if I try to change letter of this partition it tells me that the Disk Manager view isn't up-to-date, even after a reboot. I have also found a DOS program, which would restore all my files in a couple of hundred folders and all the file names would be lost.

Please, can someone tell me about a free software I could use where I will have my partition restored and all the names and folders with it or any other solutions? I have important stuff on there and probably over 50,000+ files on it.

Thanks
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Jul 2, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Hello,

Try this:

1-Go to start

2-Right click on my computer

3-Click on manage then click on storage

4-Then click on disk management

5-Right click on your device and select add letters and path,window will pop up then click on Add then select an alphabet different of C and click on Ok.

Go to "My Computer" to see if it is showing there.

Good Luck!
dig494 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2011
Jul 3, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Thanks but, like I said, when I try to do this it tells me the disk management view isn't up-to-date. I also rebooted but it still does the same thing ...
dig494 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday July 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 5, 2011
Jul 5, 2011 at 03:37 PM
All those programs ... they either aren't free, either they can't rename my files properly, or either they find the partition but doesn't restore it because it says it isn't lost