No sound

Closed
Henrykleen - Aug 5, 2011 at 06:05 AM
 henrykleen - Aug 24, 2011 at 07:30 AM
I have a problem,my sound recently stopped functioning,i have installed the audio drivers again bt still no success when i open device manager there is a ! Yellow sign on the audio driver that i have installed.and its properties say that it was unable to start error code (10) please help solve this problem
Related:

16 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 5, 2011 at 08:13 AM
Hi,

It is best to update your audio driver. Refer to Microsoft site and go to Code 10 for more details:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310123/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows

Good Luck
still nothing even after updating drivers
still no help.i have updated my drivers but no success
Anonymous User
Aug 5, 2011 at 09:56 AM
Goto Device Manager

Right click on your sound driver and click Properties.
Then go to "Details" tab.

In there you'll find a list box.
Scroll to Hardware ID(compatible id for xp) and you'll see 2 to 3 hardware IDs in the below box.

Post them here,let me see if i can search you for proper drivers
please help if you can
Anonymous User
Aug 7, 2011 at 05:25 AM
try the link given below
here they are
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&REV_01
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0401
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_040100
PCI\CC_0401

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anonymous User
Aug 7, 2011 at 05:22 AM
try this

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/vinyl_v700b.zip
Anonymous User
Aug 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Hi,

Try to re-install your audio driver

Let me know your PC\Laptop brand name and the complete model number.
Click on the below link and download the file.
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let us know the Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge.

Good Luck
i have tried re-installing severally but still the same.
manufacturer;COMPAQ
model;07E8H rev no A1
southbridge;82801DB[ICH4]
chipset;i845G
sorry for the delay of this information i was busy somewhere.
hope ypu find something for me.
Anonymous User
Aug 8, 2011 at 07:21 PM
Make sure you have installed ur chipset driver before installing audio driver

chipset driver

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp24001-24500/sp24297.exe

ADI SoundMax AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Driver

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp27001-27500/sp27103.exe
Warcraft05 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 8, 2011
Aug 8, 2011 at 08:57 PM
How about rewiring system? This might be the last choice you wanna make.
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 7
Aug 9, 2011 at 04:44 AM
You need to have the latest drivers installed for your hardware to work properly. Go into `Device Manager' and uninstall any sound drivers. Download the driver update tool below and it will automatically install the latest official driver for your system. By updating your audio drivers to the latest version, you can fix this Code 10 error instantly. Start now
man this machine has made me go crazy,i have tried everything but haven't found the solution.the funny thing is that i borrowed a sound card inserted it in the machine and it worked perfectly i dint even install any drivers for it.but mine,the one onbord has refused to work.can any1 come with a perfect solution for my problem?pleeeeeaaase.i have updated my drivers severally but in vain tried all the above still nothing.
Anonymous User
Aug 17, 2011 at 07:52 AM
Hi Henry,

Go to Compaq official website, download the chipset driver for your computer, install it and see if the problem still exists, beacause sometimes you need to install the chipset driver first before other devices work properly.

If the problem still exists, let me know the manufacturer of your graphic card for further assistance.
the problem still persist.how do i know my graphic card manufacturer?
so as to send it to you.
Anonymous User
Aug 19, 2011 at 03:00 PM
Hi Henrykleen,

Click on the below link and download the file:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/
Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let me know the Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge and I'll give you a link to download your missing drivers.
but i already done that,look at the previous messages you will find the information.you asked this before and i posted them remember!!!!
Anonymous User
Aug 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Do you still have the code error 10 in device manager?

If your device manager doesnt have any errors ,can you go to sound audio devices option in control panel ,click on the audio tab and check the default device
Anonymous User
Aug 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Hi,

Please follow step by step the solution given to the link below:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310123/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows/

Let us know.

Good Luck!
hey guys i think am almost there just tried to install realtek ac'97 audio driver and it worked...but still there is a problem now no sound is coming out.and am not able to adjust the system volume.i dont know what is still missing but my media player plays music,but am not getting any sound.when i go to adjust system volume because its set to low,am not able to...tell me what i might be missing..
oooh and my ethernet driver is missing can this be the cause am not allowed to adjust system volume????