WD hard drive

Closed
farhan83 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2011 - Aug 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM
 Anonymous User - Aug 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Hello,
my WD internal hard drive 320 gb all of a sudden corrupted the data. if i was opening a jpeg file, it had lines in it and all the sound files had scratches in between. then my hard disk stopped being detected by the computer. i have alot of important work related data in it. any possibility that it can be retrieved again? plz help!

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 7, 2011 at 02:15 AM
Hello,

Check first if your external drive is detected by your BIOS.

If it is the case, try this:

Click on Start --> Run ---> type diskmgmt.msc and click on OK.

Right-click on WD Passport Drive --> Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." --->

Click on "Add" button ---> Select your drive letter and click on OK.

Note : If the drive letter is already assigned, then try changing the drive letter

by clicking on "Change" button instead of "Add" button in the above step.

Good Luck!
farhan83 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 7, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 7, 2011
Aug 7, 2011 at 03:50 AM
thank u sir for ur kind reply. the bios is not detecting the hard drive. its an internal HDD. any more suggestions? i can do anything to get that data back :(
Anonymous User
Aug 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM
I'm sorry to tell you that but if your BIOS does not detect the drive that's mean it's probably crashed and datas couldn't be retreived.

Sorry