Not recognising drives

Closed
Rated - Aug 17, 2011 at 06:10 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Aug 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Hello,

I own a hp pavilion (p6216f), I was playing a few pc games on it while listening to music then all of a sudden my music froze then moments later so did my computer. I immediately then turned it off and turned it back on a few seconds later and it booted up normally but it was moving a bit slower than normal so i decided to turn it off and on again but now none of my drives are being recognised. Ive tried unplugging and plugging them back in, i've even bought a new power supply just incase the old one malfunctioned but still none of my drives are being picked up although they are all getting power. So if anyone has any ideas on what i can do to fix this problem i would really appreciate it

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 17, 2011 at 09:44 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

First make sure that your drives are getting detected in the BIOS. If it failed to

detect in the BIOS then check your data cable and the power connector.

Good Luck
Thanks for replying. I've switched the data cables with my other pc but still, i'm not seeing any of my drives in the bios menu and also i've switched the power supply with one i bought last night (at first i thought the power supply was causing the problems and the drives weren't getting enough power) and i've properly inserted the power cables but still no luck....
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Go to BIOS --> Load default settings and exit from the BIOS. Now check if you are able to see your drives.
Good Luck