-
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
Hello, can anyboday help me with my problem, i have a toshiba satellite laptop and foolishly i have deleted the keyboard and mouse registry keys, i was trying to fix a problem with the upper and lower filters so that the CD drive would work, and i have deleted the keys for the mouse and keyboard. I can get into the desktop screen but cannot move the mouse or use the keys, my CD isn't working so i cannot reload the XP disk to repair my situation. I have been told that i can take the hard drive out and use it as a slave in another computer, as i have a dell insprion desktop as well but i am not sure how to do this. I am pulling my hair out can anybody please advise what i should do ? i have tried last known good configuration and that didn't make any difference...........

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You can take the hard drive out. But, you will need an adapter to connect it to the the IDE cable you have in the desktop. You will also have a problem with the drive jumpers. The laptop was set to be "Master" and does not have any of the special size jumper blocks needed to change it to "slave". A better option to to buy a USB adapter. They come in many flavors from a bare wire/plug that is used for a temp connection to a adapter box that will convert the drive to a portable USB drive. Good Luck
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month