Windows XP Registry help !!

Closed
shanice - Jan 28, 2009 at 08:10 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 8, 2009 at 09:56 PM
Hello, can anyboday help me with my problem, i have a toshiba satellite laptop and foolishly i have deleted the keyboard and mouse registry keys, i was trying to fix a problem with the upper and lower filters so that the CD drive would work, and i have deleted the keys for the mouse and keyboard. I can get into the desktop screen but cannot move the mouse or use the keys, my CD isn't working so i cannot reload the XP disk to repair my situation. I have been told that i can take the hard drive out and use it as a slave in another computer, as i have a dell insprion desktop as well but i am not sure how to do this. I am pulling my hair out can anybody please advise what i should do ? i have tried last known good configuration and that didn't make any difference...........
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 8, 2009 at 09:56 PM
You can take the hard drive out. But, you will need an adapter to connect it to the the IDE cable you have in the desktop. You will also have a problem with the drive jumpers. The laptop was set to be "Master" and does not have any of the special size jumper blocks needed to change it to "slave". A better option to to buy a USB adapter. They come in many flavors from a bare wire/plug that is used for a temp connection to a adapter box that will convert the drive to a portable USB drive. Good Luck