Fixboot & fixmbr messed up my OS help please

Closed
kakazinhaaa Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011 - Nov 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM
kakazinhaaa Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011 - Nov 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Hello,

Im using my mobile phone to post this, all happened when my laptop was dam slow and i turn off to it have a refreshment then didnt log again gone to that blue screen saying sthing which i couldnt read, i tried load on safe mode and all the other options too, then i got a win cd xp sp2 to run recovery but then was asking for a command i did a little search with this same mobile phone and fist command it poped i typed i know was not very smart of my side, then it said there first type fixboot i did n restarted till there ok so no fix then the msg on forum says type fixmbr if first option doesnt work, i did, so now im getting the message on system recovery prompt comand i do not have disk drive instalation i tried diskpart it shows 76317 mb disk 0 at id 0 on bus 0 on atapi and the following msg setup cannot access this disk. I tried run chkdsk but it says no path no disk sthing like this... and the worse problem is this laptop is not mine so imust fix it and give as i received somebody help me pls. Sorry my english my main language is portugues. Thanks

Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Nov 25, 2011 at 05:03 AM
Greetings,

Try to restore the MBR following these steps:

First, download EasyBCD to the link below:
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/5443-easybcd/

Install and run it

On the left side of EasyBCD, click on the Add New Entry button.

In the top section under Operating Systems, click on the Windows tab.

To the right of Type, select Windows NT/2k/XP/2k3 from the drop down menu.

To the right of Name, you can leave the default Microsoft Windows XP as the name to be displayed in the Windows Boot Manager, or you can type whatever name you would like to have instead.

Click on the Add Entry button.

On the left side of EasyBCD, click on the Bootloader Setup button, select (dot) the Install the Windows XP bootloader to the MBR option, and click on the Write MBR button.

Restart the computer

Good Luck!
kakazinhaaa Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011
Nov 25, 2011 at 09:49 AM
Hello thank you for prompt reply, well i downloaded the easybcd program burned it on cd but when i insert on the laptop doesnt happens nothing should it be burned as iso image? Or is there a guide to use easybcd i mean to create the cd because i have searched google couldnt find anythign about this, the only information i got was a forum saying to use easybcd as iso the windows mbr must be intact. i have internet only in my mobile so if theres something else to download its dificult for me.
kakazinhaaa Posts 3 Registration date Thursday November 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011
Nov 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Anyone please help?