No Audio Output Device is installed

Closed
Chico - Dec 29, 2011 at 03:12 AM
 shashank - Nov 27, 2012 at 06:03 AM
Hello,

"no audio output device is installed" is the message I got. I did system restore to an earlier date but did not result. I also went to Device Manager and the Audio driver is not listed, so I could not uninstall and install it again but computer restarting. I also went to services.msc and the windows audio was in "start" mode. But I did restarted it again. Nothing of this brought back the sound or the Audio Output device. My system was Vista home premium and later upgraded to Win7 home premium. So I also ran windows update and noting seems to work. My is a HP laptop series 9000. Tried to download drivers from HP, but only lists drivers for Vista, because originally it was Vista. I could not circumvent this to get HP audio drivers for the Win7. I would appreciate someone's help in what to do next to get the sound back.
Thank you so much.
Chico
Related:

10 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 29, 2011 at 04:21 AM
Hello Chico,

Could you please tell what is the make and model of your sound card? I'm sure someone on this forum will have a solution to your issue, but the above info is essential.

Good luck
Thanks for your reply.
This is the info:

HP Pavilion dv9903ca Entertainment Notebook PC
It does not say anything about the sound card but I believe it is part of the
graphic card which is NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
AMD Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile technology TL 60 is the Processor
Model - HP Pavillion dv9700 Notebook PC
I hope this helps.
Again thank you very much
Chico
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 29, 2011 at 03:37 PM
Chico,

No, graphic cards and sound card are two different things. I also have HP and they are different.

Open and in your hardware manager.
Anonymous User
Dec 29, 2011 at 03:49 PM
Greetings,

Chico, click on the below link and download the file:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let me know the Chipset & Southbridge manufacturer and I'll give you a link to download your sound drivers.

Regards!
Hi Ambucias,
Thanks again for you reply.
I went to control panel and does show any Hardware Manager, only Device Manager. Under device manager
does not show Audio, video or games drivers. Otherwise I would have uninstalled and re-installed.
So please let me know where I can find this hardware manager.
Thanks again
Chico

Hi Bionik
Thank for you help as well and everybody also
The Mainboard and the Southbridge are both NVIDIA nForce 560, being the mainboard Rev. 2
Brand HP
Version F.33
Regards
Chico

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi Bionik,
When I mention Mainboard I should have said Chipset, which is the NVIDIA nForce 560 Re. 2.
Thanks
Chico
Hi Bionik again,
The chipset Rev is A2 actually, not 2.
Thanks
Chico
Hi Suppotr
Thanks for your help.
I went to HP support and could not get drivers for my operating system - win7. It just does not have that selection. This is because my HP laptop came with Vista premium installed and later I upgraded to win7, not from HP stores. Perhaps this is the reason why win7 does not show as an option. My question is, I ran the product verification and it said my system was updated. That means even if I download and install the audio drivers from Vista, it won't work because I have win7. That said, I can I resolve this situation?!
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chico
Hi to all,
I re-installed the chipset and this did not resolve the audio problem.
I re-installed HP-CONEXANT-HD-AUDIO-DRIVE, which I downloaded from HP website.
Installation failed because could not find device. So how can I find the audio device?!
I'll appreciate all your help in this "no audio device installed" .
Thanks
Chico
Hello,
I checked the laptop system and it says "Multimedia not discovered".
This could be the problem.
How do I get back the Multimedia, where Audio certainly is?
Again thank for you help.
Chico
i am facing similar problem
Dear Bionik
my chiset intel is intel GM965 Rev CO
southbridge : intel 82801HBM(ICH8-ME)
Regards
Shashank