Toshiba Satellite, W Vista 2009 Won't Boot

Closed
slarman - Jan 12, 2012 at 02:58 PM
 CONTE Abdoul Karim - Jan 15, 2012 at 03:07 PM
Hello,

My laptop has developed two separate boot issues that seem to be working in tandem to completely prevent booting up.

Problem 1: While trying to load, I instead get a screen saying that Windows has failed to start. In the past, I have solved this by booting from the installation disc and selecting "Repair computer." Now, when I try this, it tells me that my version of windows is incompatible with the version on the disc. I have not re-installed or switched OS's.

Problem 2: Started happening just recently. Laptop gets as far as the screen with a green loading bar and a Windows Corporation copyright stamp... and stays there. Forever. Until I get impatient and hard-shut down.

Computer will load in Safe Mode, but when trying to start in normal mode one of these two problems or both will occur.

I'm backing everything up in preparation for imminent lappy death, but I thought I'd try to fix it. Thanks.
Related:

1 response

CONTE Abdoul Karim
Jan 15, 2012 at 03:07 PM
j'ai toshiba satellite c655 j'ai formaté et mis windows xp je voudrais les pilote de son de reseau local et wifi carte graphique bref tous les pilotes de cette machine