on this netbook is black screen, I am tryin to flash bios on ZG5 with SSD by this manual:
1. Go here and download and extract the latest BIOS for the netbook.
2. Rename the BIOS file from 3310.fd to zg5ia32.fd.
3. Copy zg5ia32.fd and Flashit.exe to USB flash drive
4. Ensure that the AC adapter is plugged in.
5. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
6. Press and Hold down the Fn and the Esc keys together and press the power button.
7. When the unit's power light comes on wait a few seconds and release the Fn and Esc keys.
8. After the keys have been released the power light will start to blink.
9. During the BIOS update process the display will be blank.
10. Let the unit run and after approximately 1 to 7 minutes, the unit should reboot and the BIOS will be updated.
but nothing happens, just power LED is blinking. Im tried 2 USB sticks formatted FAT. I use bios for acer aspire one 110 from http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_one_110.html , and also for 150, but no success. Can somebody help me?
Thank you, Mark
I got mine fixe after opening it and removing the backup battery for a while. But I also formatted my flashdrive in different linux which had maybe a better program for it. (Fedora 17 disks formatted as WIN95 FAT32 instead of only choosing fat16 or fat32 in ubuntu)
I had similar issues. I fixed it after several failed attempts.
I followed this guide:
Hold down keys fn+esc and power up the laptop, when the power led begins to blink release the two buttons and press the power button just once, observe the usb stick flashing indicating it's flashing the bios, please note this can take a few attempts, I once struggled for a few hours until I finally tamed the beast :)
be patient okay
--> From this statement I saw that it can be tricky to get the new BIOS to load. One more try, this time pressing the power button just once AFTER I released the fn+esc keys, and voila!