Hard disk not detected

Solved/Closed
mandy - Oct 28, 2008 at 11:53 AM
 young - Dec 13, 2012 at 06:58 PM
Hello,
my laptop(acer Aspire 5570Z) while booting says hard disk not detected.....it all happened suddenly ..nothing was wrong with my hard disk as well...my hard disk is 4 months old (HITACHI TRAVELSTAR ) and my notebook is 1 year old...the mesage while booting says.......Pre Boot Execution Environment(PXE) v2.1
Client MAC Addr. 00 1B 24 15 B5 54
GUID 206CA6E6-DB02-D911-8EB7-001B2415B554
PXE-E53:No Boot Filename Received
PXE-MOF:Exiting PXE ROM
Operating System not found

I have tried every thing..have been to almost each and every forum on internet to search the solution but nothing had been working...
I have tried booting from WINDOWS CD ..tried to go into recovery console and also tried to set up windows but nothing worked it says the same thing no hard disk detected.....
I am really very upset and dont know what to do. Is it my hard drive which has gone...i have also tried resetting the bios option to default...nothing hapened ..also took my hard drive out and again put it in the same place ...again no breakthrough....

PLEASE HELP......THERE WAS MY FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO OF MY BROTHER AND HE IS NO MORE NOW. I DONT WANT TO LOOSE THEM.....THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY PAIN TAKEN TO HELP ME OUT
Related:

9 responses

Hi,

I think i'm way too late but just in case, go to the BIOS setup and change the disk controller settings from AHCI to IDE.

Might be worth the try.
You are the best. Thanks a lot man. It worked.
thanks it really worked!!!!