Blue Screen/System Restore won't work

Closed
FrustratedLaptopGrrrl - Jan 19, 2012 at 01:16 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 19, 2012 at 03:42 PM
Hello,

A couple of days ago I was helping my friend do something on my laptop and for some reason she wanted to go look at a naked pic of Chris Brown (don't ask lol). But when I went to the page my antivirus alerts started going crazy! It pinged like, every 30 seconds.

So I shut the computer down and did a boot scan, deleted all the viruses yay. Problem solved.....right???

Well, when I started it back up my laptop ran for a couple of minutes and then BOOM: blue screen. Then restarted. I didn't freak out because it's happened once before but it seemed to fix itself. Now the blue screen just won't go away.

I tried running the system restore while in safe mode and I get the error message 'restore files have been damaged' or something like that. I don't know what to do and I'm wondering should I just buy a new one or can I fix this myself.

I don't know if i have a stubborn virus or if the boot scan hurt my computer and damaged some files. I've done the boot scan before with great results and no problems so I might be leaning towards the virus still wrecking havoc on my system.

What do I do? I dont even know where to start.

Is there a way for me to repair my restore files so I can just do a system restore and go back to a couple of days before my laptop crashed.

Please.....help anyone?

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 19, 2012 at 03:42 PM
Try to boot on your Win XP CD and attempt a repair. (You may lose some data)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 19, 2012 at 04:14 AM
Hi,

To help you and precribe a remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a system log.

1. Boot in safemode with networking.

2. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message. Also clicking on the "hardhat" icon allows to change the language.)

3. Save the file on your Desktop.

4. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

the tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

5. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

6. Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

6. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

7. Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

8. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

9. Click on "upload »

10. Copy the url and post it here

Best regards
FrustratedLaptopGrrrl
Jan 19, 2012 at 06:06 AM
I can't connect to the internet -_-

On my frends comp she can connect while in safe mode but for some reason i cant on mine. did my networking stuff get damaged too.

Im ready to give up :'[