Windows freezes and wont start successfully

Closed
booky20 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday January 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2012 - Jan 25, 2012 at 01:44 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 25, 2012 at 02:34 AM
Good day, i need a help. Im really out of my mind on what should i do with the pc here (1 monit0r & 2cpu) well its been more than a year i guess, that it was not used, And these cpu's are not responding well. I spend almost a week to switch hardware between them(hdd, power supply, dvd & cd rom(except for the ram cause they ar'nt the same physical size).Also, i reinstall the windows b0th (wndows sp3). And i figured out that their motherb0ard is at fault! So lets name it mobo1 and mobo2.

1. Mobo1
(asus P4GE MX mothrboard)
512mb ram, 40gg hdd
2. Mobo2 (compaq and i cnt see its model) w/ only 127mb ram, 20gg hdd

Mobo1
>when i on the pc, its mobo led lights green.
>the pc says: windows didnt start successfuly, a recent change in software or hardware may have caused the problem. Even i chose safemode, sm w/ netw0rking, sm w/ command pr0mpt, last known good configuration, n0rmal mode and also in advanced options it didnt starts, instead, it ends up flashing the blue screen error in less than a sec0nd where it says: windows shut down to prevent damage, also it says check for viruses and etc.. Techncal info: 0x0000007B (0xf993f528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) and the pc automatically switches off, before i forgot i already clean it especially the fan.
>i dont know if what service pack was this but i guess this was sp2 before i installed the sp3

1. Any solution for this?
2. Do i need to update bios? If yes, how? If i cant seem to start it even in safemode!

Mobo2
>does not have built in led lights on it
>the pc starts but, later in the desktop it freezes in different location
>its still freezes in different safemode choices!
>it freezes when i open the c0ntr0l panel>add/remove hardware and pr0cesses in task manager
>i used this mob0 to reinstall b0th hdd, even though i only use 1 ram stick with 64mb
>already cleaned this mobo. But same results it Freezes
>windows xp sp1, thats what i saw before i installed the sp3 on it.

1. What would be the cause to its freezing?
2. Does it need to update first the bios before upgrading a new os?
3. Are these mobo's still have a chance and can be used?

As you can see these are old model though, i still want to use it, i have no ch0ice, the laptop was sold, cause my sis is buying a new one later in Feb. I cant find any enjoyment down here got no friends, and still dont know how to speak new language..
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 25, 2012 at 02:34 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.