Laptop cannot retrieve ip address

Closed
Ack4 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2012 - Jan 26, 2012 at 06:12 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Hello,

I'm typing this on my Windows Vista, yes, but the laptop that can't connect is Windows XP SP2. It is using a wired connection (the same exact CORD I switched over to this computer a few minutes ago) and will prompt me with the "Limited or no internet connection". When I repair the wired connection, it tries for a bit and then says that it cannot renew the IP address.

Methods I've tried from other threads:
- flushing the DNS cache
- right click local area connection >properties >Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) >properties
>checked off obtain both automatically
-Uninstalling Internet Explorer 8.0 and SP3 (why I am now SP2) but I can't reinstall either of them now
- disabling the firewall temporarily (it's back on now)
- control panel >administration tools >Services >ensured that DNS client was turned on (it was) and then setting it to manual (it was not, but it is now (I didn't revert that))
- Start >Run > "ipconfig /renew"
-and of course restarting the router

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.