Laptop not booting up.

Closed
lilac043 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 30, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2012 - Jan 30, 2012 at 03:23 PM
 LaptopLinux - Feb 13, 2012 at 04:05 PM
I have a compaq presario laptop that is all of a sudden its not booting up. When i turn it on it will power up as normal, then the compaq will come up and it wont go any further. I have tried pressing the f buttons with no luck, i have alot of pictures on the laptop that i want to get backed up and i am really worried that the problem isnt fixable. Can somebody please help me.

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jan 30, 2012 at 03:51 PM
Hello

Have you tried to boot in safe mode and then restore your system to a previous date.

I suspect that you have contracted a virus.

Good luck
hi it doesnt give me the option to boot in safe mode and i have an antivirus on it so i do not understand how i could of got a virus. i managed to get it on in the afternoon somehow then it started doing that. All i want is to get my pictures of it, whats the chances of me getting them.
Try linux, you should be able to get it off the hard disk (If it hasn't failed) or with a second hard disk. Linux Rarely get viruses without an antivirus.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jan 31, 2012 at 04:45 AM
Dear Lilac,

If you look through the virus/security forum, all the user with an infected system have an antivirus. Antiviruses are not full proof. I still susĂȘct that your system is infected.

I would love to help you further but you must first explain what you meant by: "i managed to get it on in the afternoon somehow then it started doing that".

Regards
Hard disk Failure, I've had a computer do that before. Take the hard disk out and either replace it or get a qualified technition to do it.