LG Monitor stuck to PwerSvingMde when turn on

Closed
HappyHappy Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 19, 2012 Status Member Last seen February 19, 2012 - Feb 19, 2012 at 08:46 AM
 Happy - Feb 23, 2012 at 02:30 AM
Hi everyone!

I have been using this monitor ( LG Flatron L177WSB) a long time ago and it worked out fine until one day when I turn the computer on, the monitor displayed the "Power Saving Mode" message and the button turns orange. I have turn the monitor on and off but it didn't work.

> Remove the Monitor Signal (blue) Cable and put it back = didn't work

The monitor only works after several restart by pressing the button on the CPU. I am worried that it might destroy my files since that the restarting is improper. There are times that when the monitor turned on, it shows the "Check Disk" Message or the " Improper shutting Down" message.

Please help me. I really need my monitor to function properly because I am using the computer most of the time for my studies.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 19, 2012 at 01:56 PM
I don't think your problem is with the monitor. It's probably a problem with the computer itself. If the computer doesn't boot the the monitor will shut down and put itself into power saving mode.
I suggest you take the computer to a qualified repair shop and get it diagnosed.

Good Luck
Thank you.