Toshiba Satellite Pro6000 cannot reboot

Closed
MDYapton - Feb 4, 2009 at 12:00 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 4, 2009 at 04:07 PM
Hello,
When we turn on Laptop and it goes fom Welcome screen to a quick flash of a blue screen then black screen with the following:
"We apologise for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardwareor software change may have caused this."
It then offers options to restart in safe mode etc. However, when we select any of these it just goes through the turn on cycle and ends up with the same screen counting down to start again.
Can anyone direct me or assist in suggesting what can be done to reboot the machine.
It is my young daughters machine and she states that the machine just automatically shut down when she was on MSN.

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 4, 2009 at 12:35 PM
You may have a software (corrupted Windows files) or a hardware (failing hard disk) problem. The first step is to run checkdisk (chkdsk command) from a DOS disk. If no errors are found on the disk then I would re-install Windows.
Thanks, but I cannot get out of the loop.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 4, 2009 at 01:22 PM
You tried F8 key during the boot?
Yes, but no matter what I select it seems to go through a few auto commands and then back to the reboot cycle.
Will not start in safe mode.
Will not start insafe mode with command prompt - it goes thru a multidisk set of commands and ends up back at the original apology.
Will not start under enable boot logging or last known config
Under directory services restore mode - it comes to a MS Windows screen to say 1 Processor and that system is booting in safe mode - Directory Services Repair and then loops back to apology again.
The last option gives a blue screen withthe error eeport suggestting to run chkdsk /f. Tech Info ***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x812FD820, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000).
The problem I have is I can't get to the 'blue' screen or DOS to enter the cmmand.
Feb 4, 2009 at 04:07 PM
I did some research and found that what has happened is the boot partition is corrupted - you can read more here:

Troubleshooting Stop 0x24 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Error Messages https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/228888

you have 3 options:

1. change the boot order in the BIOS so that you start from the Windows CD/DVD - choose "repair" and enter the command
chkdsk /r to repair the file structure on the disk - then try to boot normally

if #1 does't work
2. if you need to recover data from the disk you have to install the drive as a slave in another computer and fix it there.

3.If you don't need to recover your data you can boot from the Windows /Vista CD/DVD and delete the partition completely, then recreate the partition and re-install Windows. if you don't have your Windows product key handy you need to use the first method.