A Trojan erased(hid) all of my files

Solved/Closed
Noobmike - Mar 19, 2012 at 09:40 AM
 Noobmike - Mar 20, 2012 at 09:02 AM
Hello,

So I think I know the problem, and teh solution but Im doing something incorrectly.

The Problem is that I have a Tojan, and Im pretty sure it has hidden all of my files rather
than deleting it. It is your typical trojan that tells you your systems broken and you need to fix it by giving them money. They convince you its broken by popping up 20 or so error messages that say Failed to save all components for the file\System 32---...blah blah blah.

The problem is I cant get rid of this, Ive used rkill to end the processes, then tried to install malwarebytes, changed the name of the installer (MBAM file) and it gives me an error during the installation and when I try to load it. So I installed and run it off a flash disk. This has removed up to 100 threats, to no avail.

I even used tdsskiller after I was done. But when I rebooted it everything was still gone (even the things I just put on the desktop like malware rkill etc.)

Please help!

Thanks!

3 responses

Big.Moe Posts 32 Registration date Tuesday March 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2012
Mar 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Have you tried to do all of this in Safe Mode? That should do the trick.
Yes. To no avail. Right now Im currently running another malware scan, this time I renamed the installer, and the name of the program its installing and didnt get an error during install and update. Im not sure if this will fix my problem, but its worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion though.