Windows 7 - No Programs Responding

Closed
dextrousdave Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 27, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2012 - Mar 27, 2012 at 03:43 PM
robert1992 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday March 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2012 - Mar 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Hello,

Hi All

I just started up my Laptop (Sony Vaio 2.6GHz | 4GB RAM | ATI Radeon | Windows 7 Home Premium) and none of the programs on my laptop are responding when I click on them to start them. Not even Windows Explorer opens. Nothing responds. I can open the windows start button, but that is about it. The PC is still under warranty, so it's quite new (4months). I also take great care of it, I do not load all sorts of crap on it. Only the essentials

It all started yesterday, when my PC became really slow and I had to restart it, where it literally took 10 minutes too shut down (NO windows updates being installed...). I restarted it, ran a check disc for bad sectors, and it found none. Only a few bad clusters. I also ran - sfc /scannow command in cmd.

However, when I open some of the programs(non windows system programs such as explorer and task manager), it gives me the following error: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Any help?

Thanks

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 27, 2012 at 06:39 PM
I suggest you try a Windows Repair using the Windows 7 DVD. But, Sony probably didn't give you one with the computer and you probably didn't Burn the recovery disks when you first got the computer.

Good Luck
robert1992 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday March 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM
The computer getting slow is a computer saying that you need to clean it including the fan just take the computer apart unplug the fan blow the fan out with compressed air and plug the fan back in and put it back together and try it