San disk cruiser blade randomly storing files

Solved/Closed
Jesus - Apr 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM
 jesus - Apr 11, 2012 at 05:44 PM
Hello,

I am writing because my san disk cruiser blade 4gb drive is randomly downloading copies of music files from my computer onto the flashdrive. It is doing this without window prompts or seemingly opening programs of any sort. It just happens that occasionally when I open the drive music files that I did not put on the flashdrive will be on it.

Seems to happen if I turn of my computer or take out and put the flashdrive in

Help please?!?!?? Never encountered this problem with a flashdrive.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 9, 2012 at 03:28 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Check if there is any autorun.inf file in your pen drive

Click on the below link and download the file.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5911-autorun-exterminator/

[Note : Make sure Dot Net Framework is installed in your PC or click on the below

hyperlink "Dot Net Framework" and download it.

Dot Net Framework ]

This will remove the autorun files from all the drives. Now connect your pen drive

and backup your data. Format the pen drive --> Remove the pen drive and now

again connect it. Now check if the music file still exists in the pen drive or not.

Good Luck
thank you, It seemed like there was something putting it on the flash drive. I will try this
umm....Autorunner exterminator couldn't find anything, I downloaded dot net framework beforehand. I am looking at my computer, it seems that a windows program on my computer is "sync" the files which I guess means downloading them onto that flashdrive.

I can't find any way to prevent this, I can only seem to stop it midway, or delete the files afterwards

Help???