Try this 1
1) Place the Windows XP CD in the drive and restart your PC.
2) Go to BIOS and set the first boot device as CD\DVD drive.
3) When a message appears "Press any key to boot from CD ..." just press any
4) When the setup screen appears, Press the "R" key to go to "Recovery
5) After entering into the "Recovery Console" you will notice a prompt
"Which Windows installation would you like to log onto" --> Press 1 and then
[Note : Above the prompt you can notice the number your have to enter.
Example : 1 : C\Windows --> So we have to press 1 and then Enter]
6) Enter your administrator password --> Now the prompt appears as
6) Now enter the following commands.
fixmbr -----> Press Enter.
When it asks you "Are you sure you want to write a new MBR?" press y and then
7) Now enter this command.
bootcfg /rebuild and press "Enter".
Windows installation scan will be performed.
When it asks you "Add installation to boot list" press y and then press "Enter"
Then enter the following.
For "Enter Load Identifier"prompt ---> type Windows XP Professional and press
For "Enter OS Load Options" prompt ---> type /fastdetect and press Enter.
Note : Don't forget "/" before fastdetect.
Then type exist to reboot your computer.
Note : Remove the Windows xp CD from the drive after the reboot or this time
don't press any key.