No sound with HDMI cable

Closed
MisterKachi Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2012 - Apr 15, 2012 at 02:15 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 16, 2012 at 01:08 AM
Hello,

I have a SONY Bravia HDTV and I bought an HDMI cable to connect with my HP Pavillion G60 laptop. the visual part of it works, i can see on the tv screen whats on my laptop screen, but I don't get any sound from either my laptop or the tv. Is the problem the tv or my laptop?

I've already tried to go to the Playback and set it as my default, but it won't let me. I've checked if I needed to update my driver, and my computer says I am updated with the latest.

What could I be missing?

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 16, 2012 at 01:08 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.