How to backup windows 7 with Norton Ghost

Closed
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 - Jun 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 - Jun 12, 2012 at 06:13 AM
Hello,

How do I do a backup for windows 7 and get back it from backup copy with Norotn Ghost ?

And after:
I have windows 7 which is being installed on a Laptop(HP).
When I firstly start up the laptop, I have done several steps for preparing the system for its first run after releasing it from the company. In the first step, I came across the option of choosing the type of language. Then, I have chosen Arabic because that I was expecting that I would be able to change it later at any time I want. However, that wasn't possible.

Anyway, when I reached to the end of setup wizard of the system, I found out that there are two drives "C", on which windows 7 is being installed, and "D", on which "Recovery version" is being copied. After that, I had done a backup for Windows 7 with using a program(Backup and restore), which is integrated with windows 7.and then saved it in DVDs.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9248/65443964.png

My questions are as follows:

First: Is the backup I had saved in DVDs is a copy from the backup available on a 'D' drive?

Second: as long as that the drive "D" still contains the "Recovery", can I restore the windows 7 from the "D", or I must restore the system from the backup available on DVD's?

Third: as long as I did the backup available on DVDs while the language of windows was Arabic, when I will be restoring the Windows 7 form the backup available on DVD's, I won't be coming across the option of choosing the type of language and immediatly the windows will be Arabic.

Finally: as far as I know that the backup available of DVD's will be restored the windows to what it was on when it released from the company and also know that program (Backup and restore), which is integrated with Windows 7, enables me me to do backup once. Thus, if I want to do another backup for window 7 from this point and I want the backup to contain all the programs installed. I know there are far too many programs to do this, such as Norton Ghost, and CD Acronis True Image. However, I don't know the steps for doing that. Could anyone give me the steps with snapshots for doing backup for windows 7 and getting back it from the backup copy with using any softwares such as Norton Ghost or CD Acronis.

By the way, I have the CD of 'Norotn Ghost v11.0 CD , which is bootable. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Related:

2 responses

a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Jun 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Why did nobody answer these days? What is the matter?

Please answer me
a cooperator Posts 182 Registration date Monday July 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2015 3
Jun 12, 2012 at 06:13 AM
Are there any related topics to mine discussed at this forum?
Could you pleas provide me with the link?