Computer won't boot, stops at motherboardlogo

Closed
Cryseth - Jun 22, 2012 at 04:50 AM
mohammedshariff99 Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2012 - Oct 26, 2012 at 02:14 PM
Hello,

my computer won't start, it only gets to motherboard logo (where i can press del to enter bios) and if i try to enter bios it asswell after "initializing usb controllers .. done
2040 mb ok ".

this happend after i had let it by it self for about a hour and when i got back my screen was black and i thought it was in hibernation so i tried to press a keyboard key and move the mouse after that didn't work i pressed the power buttom and it turn it self off. when i tried to restart it the screen was just black and it would not boot, then i reattached the ram to see if the ram was the problem and now i got to the motherboard logo, but not further except for when i press del and got to bios setup that stoped at "initializing usb controllers .. done 2040 mb ok ".

i have check the cables to the hardrive,dvd player and reseted the bios settings by removing and reattach the bios battery

would be where nice if anyone could help me with this, and srry if there is alot of english mistakes it's not my 1st languege
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 23, 2012 at 09:53 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

When the motherboard logo appears, press the TAB key to see the POST

message.

OR

Remove all the connections from the motherboard like Hard drive, CD\DVD drive

and check if you are able to pass the motherboard logo. Later try connecting the

devices like Hard drive, CD\DVD drive one by one and see if you are still able to

pass the motherboard logo.

Good Luck
mohammedshariff99 Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 at 02:11 PM
hi, just unplug if any usb devices connected to the computer like.keyboard, mouse, printer pendrive, external hdd, or webcam. and connect PS/2 keyboard and mouse then u try to boot the computer it will solve the mentioned problem.
mohammedshariff99 Posts 3 Registration date Friday October 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 at 02:14 PM
because of cd drives also this problem will come, if still u r getting same problem then u have to try with changing SMPS of ur computer.