Windows XP can't access any programs.

Closed
islandista - Jul 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM
 islandista - Jul 4, 2012 at 01:05 AM
Hello,
recently, my computer has been messed up and i have no idea how to fix it.
first, i can't open anything at all, i've tried right click, then open and still absolutely no way it opened. so i've read some answers for this same issue on another user's account and it said go to this website then do this and that, but, i can't do it cause i can't access internet too. I also have tried dragging stuffs on desktop to save in another folder on desktop and still can't work. my computer is just really useless right now, only things that work on it is just to log off, restart, or shutdown. can somebody please tell me how to fix it. could it be a missing windows component, deleted useful programs, virus? pls, help asap.

thanks..
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Well, before you can offer any help we need to know what version of Windows you have. (XP, Vista, Win 7)
Xpcman, it's a windows xp....
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 3, 2012 at 01:04 PM
There are a number of virus programs that can cause this problem. I suggest you try the following fix since it's the easiest:

Go to Start>Run and Copy & Paste or type in:

regsvr32 /i shell32

Click OK

Note that the spacing is important if you are typing this into a different computer.
You should then run a anti-virus program to see if it can identify anything else.

Good Luck
hey xpcman, i tried that, and it won't work.. it just said file could not be found or file mispelled.... but, im very sure i typed it correctly.....