Tried everything on my laptop nothing works

Closed
SunnySides97 Posts 3 Registration date Monday August 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2012 - Aug 13, 2012 at 03:27 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 14, 2012 at 03:53 PM
Hello,
I am in tears right now. My laptop was running very slow, I was advised it may be a malware infection that my anti-virus may not be handling so that I should go into SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING and press ENTER. When I did that I haven't been able to stop my laptop from prompting me TO STARTUP REPAIR (recommended) and if I refuse I don't get anything and if I accept it keeps looping again and again to startup repair with no indications. Please please help me! I even did the taking out of the battery, uplugging cord, hitting power button for 60 secs thinking this may be helpful. Is there an effective rebooting or something that you think may help?

Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Aug 13, 2012 at 04:06 PM
Hello Sunnysides,

You may need to reinstall Windows; unfortunately, you may lose all of your data but it's better than having a looping start-up.

Good luck

P.S. What is the make and model?
SunnySides97 Posts 3 Registration date Monday August 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2012
Aug 13, 2012 at 05:21 PM
I own an external hard drive if needed although I am so scared to make things worse but I know that I can't afford in my budget to go and take it to a professional. My laptop is a VAIO Sony Model PCG71312L has windows 7 . I have no cd's of any kind to reinstall windows 7 if this is what you mean. Forgive me I am a mess right now cause tomorrow school starts for my kids and they use the laptop for homework and this mess couldn't have come at a better time. I even tried pressing F10 to attempt to do a system recovery. A small window popped up saying Recovery Tools are being launched...please wait.....that was more than an hour again and this is still on the screen with nothing else showing. Can you please please guide me in any way? Did I make things worse?
SunnySides97 Posts 3 Registration date Monday August 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2012
Aug 13, 2012 at 05:24 PM
I don't know how to reinstall anything. My husband used to take care of these things but he passed last year and I hate myself for not bothering to learn. All I can do is take advise and pray that I can come out of this right. Please don't give up. I promise I am this really cool person just that I didn't expect this and my kids are mad at me and I can't do anything about this. thanks.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Aug 14, 2012 at 05:16 AM
Here are the only two possible ways to recover your system:

You did create the operating system recovery disc set or got them with the laptop didn't you ?

Read the two articles below.
How to perform a system recovery using the VAIO Recovery Center.
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/micro

How to perform a system recovery using Recovery Discs. http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/docum

Order recovery disc for your laptop http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/micro

Good luck
Aug 14, 2012 at 03:53 PM
Have you tried:

press alt+F10 on boot-up?