My DVD drive is not showing up in my computers(win7), also in (winxp). Why? How to fix this? Neither is it showing up in device manager(win7/winxp). Anyone please solve my problem. Thanks in Advance.
A little bit of clarification would be needed here before we proceed with troubleshooting. I would like to know if you have a Laptop or a Desktop computer. Also I would like to know the type of Optical Drive (DVD Drive) that you have in your machine, i.e., whether it is an external USB Optical Drive or an internal SATA or IDE Optical Drive.
Thank you for writing to us. Follow the steps below and see if the issue is fixed:
1. Check in the BIOS (System Setup) if the Optical Drive is detected and is enabled. For steps on how to get to BIOS and make changes refer to the User's Manual of the Motherboard or the system.
2. If the Optical Drive is not shown in the BIOS, load BIOS defaults (or Optimized Settings).
3. If the Optical Drive is still not detected in the BIOS, reseat the Optical Drive Data Cable and Power Cable. (Note: Before this step is performed remove any power connections and external devices, safely remove the chassis cover and locate the Optical Drive).
4. If the Optical Drive is still not detected, try a different Optical Drive Data Cable (you can use the one from the Hard Drive, if the cables are same).
5. If there is no results yet, connect the Optical drive to a different port on the motherboard.
6. After performing steps 1 through 5, if the Optical Drive is not detected replace the Optical Drive.
Note: if you are not comfortable opening the computer chassis, take a technician's help.
7. If the Optical Drive is detected in the BIOS but not in Windows, run the below mentioned fix from Microsoft:
8. If the Optical Drive is still not detected in Windows only, Update the latest firmware for the Optical Drive. You can find the lastest firmware on your computer manufacturer's website, drivers CD or from the Optical Drive manufacturer's website.
9. If still the Optical Drive is not detected in Windows only, Restore your computer to an earlier date (https://support.microsoft.com/hub/4338813/windows-help 10. If the issue is still not fixed, Do an Operating System Reinstallation.