Stops at start up screen

Solved/Closed
kaiserx Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday October 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2012 - Oct 31, 2012 at 09:21 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 10, 2012 at 08:27 PM
Hello,

Hi, yesterday i started my laptop and it gave me a message that i need to charge so i plugged it and then i clicked F1 and all went ok suddenly at the start up screen ( starting windows ) its froze so i gave it a little time but nothing happened so i offed it manually and i re-started my laptop then it gave me a message saying if i want to start with repair or start windows normally so i clicked start windows normally again its froze so i repeated the process and i chose repair it froze too. :( so i restarted and pressed F8 to go to safe mode it froze too i tried also safemode with networking and safemode with command prompt and also enable booting - repair - and nothing worked all stop before starting so i restarted it and i clicked the F2 to get to the blue screen and i did restore to defaults but also nothing worked so please help me i need my laptop please please thanks all ( im new here ). I dont know whats the problem thanks again

6 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 1, 2012 at 03:19 AM
Hi kaiserx,

As the issue started with an AC adapter error, removing Flea Power from the machine might fix the issue. To do so, disconnect all the power sources (including battery) and all connected devices. Press and hold the power button for some time (10-15 seconds). Release the power button, connect the power sources and see if the computer starts normally.

If the above step doesn't fix the issue, power on the computer, insert the Windows Vista/7 installation disc. Restart your computer. Go to BIOS and select to boot from Optical Drive. Press any key when prompted to do so, and then follow any instructions that appear. When the Install Windows page appears, click Install Now and then click Repair your computer. Follow the instructions.

If the computer again freezes during repair it can probably be a hardware issue. Try running the built-in diagnostics utility for your laptop (refer to the user's manual of the laptop to see how to run built-in diagnostics). If the diagnostics comes up with an error message, you might need to replace the failing part indicated by diagnostics.

Please do write back to us.

Hi ... thanks for answering i will try what u said but i dont have the CD u told about ...so i will just try the above or go to check it at a pc store thanks again
kaiserx Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday October 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM
i cant switch it on without plugging there is no charge
kaiserx Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday October 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM
i kept my laptop plugged ( cause no charge ) and then i removed the battery ...... my laptop is off so i just pressed for 10-15 sec as u said and then i switched it on .......launch repair and start windows showed up again so i clicked start windows normally but again it froze so is there any way or suggestion i can fix it before taking it to the store?
Nov 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
i got the cd lol i will check now
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 10, 2012 at 08:27 PM
Hi kaiserx,

I am sorry I could not understand from your post that you own a Dell Laptop. You can check the link below; it has detailed instructions on how to run Dell 32-bit Diagnostics:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=52057&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs=

Please revert for clarification.
Nov 3, 2012 at 02:19 PM
By the way i did everything mentioned above ( except going to store not yet) and nothing worked please help if u can.
thanks
kaiser
Nov 5, 2012 at 04:03 PM
Hi kaiserx,

I appreciate your exhaustive troubleshooting efforts. If I am correct you have not mentioned if you had run the built-in diagnostics from the laptop company. Do run the built in diagnostics on the machine if you have not run it yet. This might help you identify any hardware failure. If you do not get any errors during diagnostics, try installing Windows 7 afresh on the machine before contacting the repair store. Note that all the files and programs on the machine will be lost if Windows 7 is installed as a fresh copy.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Nov 8, 2012 at 08:59 AM
Hi i did and it said harddisk i guess ... so its a hardware problem so im taking it to the store either today or tomorrow thanks ......i just want to say that i dont know how to run the diagnostic again so can u please tel me?
thanks
kaiserx
Nov 8, 2012 at 03:44 PM
Hi kaiserx,

As you have not mentioned which brand of Laptop you own, it is difficult to suggest how to run diagnostics. You can find the instructions on how to run diagnostics from the user's manual that came with your laptop. Also, you might want to check with the laptop manufacturer's website for an online version of user's manual.

Please reply if you have any further questions.
Hi ,
its mentioned and again its dell windows 7 home and student anyway i will check but i will really appreciate it if u mentioned it here :D thankx