Screen in power save mode

Closed
Judy Williams Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 7, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 7, 2012 - Nov 7, 2012 at 02:39 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 11, 2012 at 04:27 AM
Hello,
My computer opens up to a black screen. When I push on one of the adjusting buttons, it does give a red message that it is power save mode. I do not know how to get it out. I am using Windows XP and a Dell desktop. The CPU shows indications that it rebooted and works but no screen. What can I do?

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 11, 2012 at 04:27 AM
Hi Judy Williams,

Monitor will show this message when it is not able to receive any input from the graphics card or the wrong input for video is selected on the monitor. You can check these steps mentioned below to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Ensure the correct input-type (VGA, HDMI, DVI, etc.) is selected on your monitor.
2. If the input type is correct check with a different monitor cable.
3. If there is a video card in the machine, reseat (remove and then put it) the video card. (Note: before you open the system cover, ensure that all the power connections are disconnected and all external devices removed, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to remove any residual power from the machine).
4. If there is a video card and also onboard video, remove the video card and check only with the onboard video.

If the issue is not fixed by the above mentioned steps, reply with the System Model Number for your Dell Desktop.

Please do write back to us.