Keyboard not working

Closed
ednamae Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2012 - Nov 26, 2012 at 07:22 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 27, 2012 at 01:36 PM
Hello,

i got a problem in my latop, may keypad did not working..help me pleASE

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 27, 2012 at 01:36 PM
Hi ednamae,

Try the below mentioned steps to isolate if the keyboard itself is faulty or there is a problem with the software:

1. Check for any spilled liquids on the keyboard.
2. Verify that there is nothing sitting on the keyboard.
3. Plug or reseat the keyboard connector (Note: you might need a technician's help to do so or you can refer to the Service Manual of your laptop. Ensure all the power connections including battery and external devices are removed before you open computer chassis).
4. Verify there are no broken/damaged pins or damage to the cable. Replace the keyboard for damaged pins/cable.
5. All the steps from here will need an external USB keyboard. Using the external keyboard, boot the system to a DOS prompt (Click Start type cmd in Run) to test the keyboard.
6. If the keyboard works fine on DOS Prompt, reinstall the keyboard driver, if there is keyboard driver for your laptop.
7. Check the Accessibility Options (Click Start type Ease of Access Center and hit Enter) in the Control Panel (options on Keyboard tab should be unchecked).
8. Swap with a known good keyboard (if available). If the known good keyboard works, replace the Keyboard.
9. Test the keyboard functionality in Safe Mode (hit F8 when the computer starts and select Safe Mode). If the issue remains in Safe Mode, Replace the Keyboard.
10. If the keyboard works in the Safe Mode, restore the operating system to an earlier date (Click Start type "system restore" in the search box and hit Enter).

Do reply with results.