My dell inspiron 1440 is not starting up

Closed
rejish Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2012 - Dec 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM
 Sahil - Dec 14, 2015 at 01:59 PM
Hello,
hi guys...My dell inspiron 1440 laptop is not switched on suddenly, last night I shut it down properly but its not working now.....i have tried that holding the power button procedure...but still its not working please help me guys.................

Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 6, 2012 at 06:39 AM
Hi rejish,

2 beep codes indicate No Memory/RAM detected. Try to reseat the Memory in your computer. You can check the Service Manual for details on how to reseat the memory:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1440_Setup%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Note: Please go through the "Before You Begin" section before opening the system chassis or preferably take technician's help.

Do reply with results.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 6, 2012 at 02:32 AM
Hi rejish,

As you have already tried to remove the Flea Power from the machine and it didn't make any difference, try the below mentioned steps and see if this fixes the issue:

1. Connect the Ac adapter to a known good power outlet. Check the Power LED indicator on AC adapter (without plugging into the Notebook).
2. If LED on the AC adapter is not lit (when unplugged from notebook), reseat the AC adapter brick and cable. If still there is no light on AC Adapter replace AC adapter and Power cord.
3. If LED on the AC Adapter goes off only after connecting to Notebook, the issue is with the motherboard. Replace Motherboard, DC-In port (AC adapter connector).
4. If the AC Adapter LED is always ON, take a technician's help and reseat the Power Button Board. You can refer to the Service Manual for details on how to reseat the Power Button Board. (NOTE: Before the notebook chassis is opened ensure all the power connections including battery and external devices are disconnected)

Keep us posted with results. In case of expired warranty scenario, we would be able to provide limited support, which will not cover part replacement, software support and onsite technician.

Please do write back to us.
Guys I have dell inspiron 1440 my laptop is charging & showing led but is not swich is on
rejish Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 5, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 at 03:31 AM
thanks for your help....my AC adapter is in good condition only.....when I switched on my power button, after 3 min my laptop starts to give some two beep sound whats that mean......